Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"H.U.S.T.L.A."

Welcome back! This is my first official post here and I’m glad you’re here to experience the beginning of something great. Okay, now let me ask you something… What does being a “Hustla” (Hustler) mean to you? Back it in the day most people would probably say it meant a “con man”, drug dealer or someone who would make you feel like you just got an unfair or dishonest bargain out of a deal. Others might even say a “Hustla” is someone who doesn’t want to work a regular job so therefore he/she earns a living doing whatever they have to do to survive. Nowadays, most of the youth use the term “Hustla” (in a glorified manner) to define a person who earns a living through illegal or dishonest acts such as drug dealing. There are many other types of “Hustlaz” other than drug dealers and lots of them earn a living in perfectly legal ways. I break down this type of “Hustla” as a:

Hungry
Undeniable
Salesperson
That’s
Lucrative &
Aggressive



Now this could very well define any type of “Hustla” when you just read it for face value but as I break it down word for word, you’ll see the difference between my type of “Hustla” and the other typical type. Now let’s start with the first word:

Hungry”


When you think of hungry you think of someone who is craving some type of nourishment and will do whatever they have to do to get it. Most people crave or want things they can’t easily get their hands on. When you’re hungry most of the time you just go grab something to eat but if you have nothing to eat then you either go to the nearest grocery store or fast food restaurant. Therefore you go out and work hard to get it. Most successful and smart drug dealers don’t have to go out and work hard to get whatever they want. Most of it comes to them.

Undeniable”


This word could pretty much work for both types of “Hustla”. When done right, my type of “Hustla” could be quite undeniable. The difference is that they’ll have to work 10 times harder than the drug dealer type because no customer of a drug dealer is going to deny them and not want to buy their product even if they have to steal or do something worse to make a purchase. The likeliness of this happening with a customer of my type of “Hustla” is slim to none. My type of “Hustla” has to work and use marketing and sales strategies to sell a product while the drug dealer doesn’t.

Salesperson”

Nine times out of ten, my type of “Hustla” is really a salesperson while the drug dealer doesn’t have to actually go out and try to sell anything because his/her product pretty much sells itself at a very high rate. My type of “Hustla” sells everything from CDs and DVDs to shoes, handbags, shades,
t-shirts and other clothing, hats, electronics and lots more…


That’s”

Well, we could actually skip this word but I’d rather have a lil’ fun with it. Here are some things I’d like to say that involves this word.

- I know that being a “Hustla” can bring you a much larger income than one “that’s” earned from a regular dead end job.
- Wow, “that’s” a really nice watch you’re wearing.
- I know a job “that’s” paying a nice hourly wage. Gee, I wonder if they’ll be laying off shortly after you get hired? I don’t know but “that’s” the reason I became a “Hustla” on the side.
- Wow, “that’s” a really nice car you’re driving. How many nice cars do you have?
- Lol, “that’s” enough of playing around with that word.

Lucrative”

Now my type of “Hustla” could be very lucrative if he/she really apply themselves and really believe in the product they’re selling. Once you’re a believer, it’s much easier to make someone else a believer. My type of “Hustla” can use different techniques to get customers to buy their products. Some of these techniques are discounts, coupons, warranties, etc. Drug dealers really don’t have to use any of those techniques. As a matter of fact they could jack the price up of their product and still have the customer begging for a “hit”. “Hit” meaning a serving of a drug. Therefore the drug dealer’s occupation can be very lucrative but take a lot less work than my type of “Hustla”.

Aggressive”

When I think of an aggressive person I think of a person that’s persistent and a bit forceful in getting what they want. My type of “Hustla” has to be that way in order to earn a living at all. I’m not saying that my type of “Hustla” has to be really aggressive and pressure people into buying a product from them, I’m simply saying that if he/she can’t afford to let an opportunity pass them by. My type of “Hustla” has to make moves to be in the right places at the right time to make lots of great sales. They have to be confident and it has to show in their character as well. Let’s be honest, would you buy something from someone who approached you and seemed to be a nervous wreck. You probably wouldn’t pay attention to a word they’re saying because you’d be focusing more on how nervous they are. That’s why my type of “Hustla” has to be aggressive for every sell because if they’re not then they wouldn’t completely define what it means to be one. Unlike my type, the drug dealer doesn’t really have to be that aggressive to make a sell at all. Especially once they’re established and have made a name for themselves in the streets. They’re customers pretty much flock to them day after day (if not hour after hour) to buy they’re product. Another reason that I believe drug dealers aren’t that aggressive is because they tend to have to “lay low” and choose their customers while doing business. If they were to be really aggressive to try to get lots of sales from basically anyone who wants to buy from them then most likely they’ll probably come across the wrong customer who will either try to rob them on the spot or later down the road or set them up to be robbed or arrested by police. Either way it wouldn’t be a good ending.

There you have it folks… my comparison of my type of “Hustla” to today’s type of “Hustla” which is the drug dealer. Let me know your opinions on the topic of this post okay. I would love to hear what all of you have to say. Holla @ ya folk!



Quick Disclaimer

By no means am I putting down anyone who works a regular job (part-time or full). As a matter of fact I applaud anyone who works hard to earn an honest living. In my above post I’m simply stating the fact that I myself am an individual with an entrepreneur mindset and not an employee mindset. I am speaking for myself only and nobody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment